Friday, May 20, 2011

Because I really don't feel like studying for Tax

I've realized that I tend to blog a lot more when I'm:
1) Bored
2) Slacking Off
3) Procrastinating
4) I've read some interesting blogs lately

In today's case, it'd be #2 and 3.  And 4.

There once was a time in my life when I really enjoyed blogging.  I loved the rambling aspects of it, and knowing that maybe, maybe someone random would Google a random subject, and would randomly stumble upon my blog, and would randomly start reading it, and would be able to divulge in my daily rambles.  Haha. Silly me.

I think I started blogging back in grade 7?  I would blog daily, almost! It started off at Asian Avenue (Remember that site?  I wonder if anyone still uses it... It's been so long! I feel old.)  Then I moved to MSN Space, and then Xanga.  I stayed on Xanga for quite a while, actually.  Maybe 2 years?  I loved blogging then :)  After that, I moved to Yaplog, which was a Japanese blog site, where I primarily blogged in Japanese, sometimes English.  To be honest, I think I enjoyed blogging there the most, because of the anonymity of it!  And yea, random people would randomly comment on my random blog posts. :)

When people ask me, why did you want to become a CA?  My answer:

Well, I originally wanted to be a doctor.  So I'd go around, Googling for blogs written by Med school students.  (They were usually really funny!  My favourite is http://ahyesmedschool.blogspot.com/.  He doesn't really update any more though :(  ) And after clicking and clicking, I somehow ended up on a blog written my a female blogger, working at an unspecified Big 4 accounting firm, and really, I totally got enthralled by her lifestyle, and her ambition.  It helped that she was a great writer too!


Yup, that's my reason.  Totally unconventional and weird right, hehe.  And yes, that's the answer I told my Big 4 interviewers.

I love blogs. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment