Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8 More Work Days.

I feel like I worked my summer away.

I came home from Waterloo on a Friday.
Summer started.
I went job hunting on the following Monday.
I got a call from my current company that day.
I had the interview the next day.
I started work the next Monday.
Summer ended.
Monday to Friday.
9 to 5.



Though I didn't have a CRAZY summer that's worth turning into a TV show, I think I quite enjoyed it.  Hey, even though it's not TV-worthy, I think it's blog-worthy! :)


5 Interesting Things I Learned from Work
(unrelated to accounting)
Note:  I work at a local mall's main office, doing accounting stuff for the real estate company that owns several other malls too.  This mall happens to be the mall across the street from my high school.  The mall I've been going to since I was a young grasshopper!
  • People can get arrested from burning tissue paper.  Teenagers.  Please don't burn tissue paper in the food court! I know I know, it can get a bit chilly sometimes, especially during the winter months.  And the flame is so pretty, with its reds, oranges, and yellows.  And the fume! The musky sent of burnt tissue. MMMM... So aromatic! BUT NO. It will get you arrested for damaging public property.  And you will be the laughing stock of the student accountant who reads incident reports for fun. :) 
  • Of the 2 stores that sell glasses/sunglasses at around the same price, one of them sells fakes. TOP SECRET!  Gosh, it's one thing to sell fakes for like, $5 dollars, but it's a completely different story when they sell fakes for $300.  Caveat emptor!
  • Men should stay away from cologne.  Of the men who come to the office for whatever reason, 9 out of 10 of them take baths in cologne, I swear.  Just stay away from it if you don't know how to spritz it sparingly, and take baths in dihydrogen monoxide, a.k.a. water, please. 
  • The security guards are actually nice.  When you're out of highschool.  And is wearing business casual clothes.  Yes, I remember those days, back in highschool.  I hated the security guards! They'd give me so much attitude, even though I didn't do anything! (I've never even burnt tissue paper!)  But now, we can actually hold conversations, and they call me "Miss".
  • My taste in music happens to be considered "mall music".  As I work very hard at work, I'd listen to the music played in the mall.  OH HEY! I have that song! And that! And that!  Michael Buble, Corinne Bailey Rae, KT Tunstall, Norah Jones, Jason Mraz...<3

2 comments:

  1. STOP MAKING YOUR LIFE SOUND SO BORING! :(
    you starting your secret crush on JB (which is very interesting)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Naw, I'll leave the secret JB crushing to you! You and I can't have a Common Denominator. ;)

    ReplyDelete